Our client a leading multinational 5 star chain of hotels i in Uganda is seeking to fill the role of a Rooms Division Manager
The role provides leadership and direct operations to ensure Front Office, Housekeeping, Laundry and Reservation teams achieve their goals and contributes to the guest experience and overall profitability of the hotel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the entire Front Office operation including Reception, Guest Relations, Housekeeping, Laundry, Concierge and Telephones. Ensures high level of guest satisfaction as well as for the financial results of the department with a focus on controlling the expenses and ensuring maximum room revenues are achieved.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Liaise with the Operations Manager on strategy that is in line with the Company policies and to ensure the consistent implementation of this strategy.
· Closely monitor the profitability of all Rooms Division departments and provide solutions to improve problem areas and assists in implementing corrective measures.
· Continuously develops ideas to increase Rooms Division sales by upselling
· Monitor Front Office, reservations and housekeeping personnel to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition.
· Monitor cashiering procedures and any related problems closely and in coordination with the Finance department.
· Work with Head Housekeeper to ensure standards are adhered to and exceeded where possible and relationship with external contractor is maintained.
· Work with Laundry Manager to ensure standards are adhered to and exceeded where possible and revenue generation activities are driven.
· Oversee inventory and ordering supplies and linens for both housekeeping and Front office
· Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Hotel AGM and General Manager.
· Participate proficiently in functions outside one’s department when called upon.
· Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet daily business demands
· Serve as general guest information source
· Actively participate in training and continuing education of all Rooms Division Service Professionals
· Approach all encounters with guests, employees and members in a professional and personalized manner
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance Hospitality Standards, as required by scheduling according to the needs of the Hotel
· Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills whilst encouraging safe and efficient hotel operations
· Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with Service Professionals and guests
· Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent
· 5 years’ extensive Rooms Division experience in Housekeeping and Front Desk a 4/5 star luxury hotel.
· Extensive Rooms Division experience in Housekeeping and Front Desk
· Experience of working with high volume occupancy levels
· Demonstrates highly developed Front Office Management and Reservation or Housekeeping skill set.