Commercial and Industrial Sales Executive
● To help achieve C&I sales target of 580M KES in FY22-23 (5-7MW) and >800M KES in FY23-24.
● To co-design and execute C&I growth strategy.
● To represent Orb Energy’s C&I work to industry partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sell commercial and industrial rooftop and ground mount PV solar projects from 20kWp to >1MWp as well as C&I solar water heating systems:
○ Generate channel partners, leads, and prospects in order to build a C&I sales funnel
○ Compose, present, and negotiate techno-commercial project designs and proposals
○ Close deals with clear and mutually agreed expectations for smooth transition to execution
○ Manage client relationships to help ensure satisfaction and generate referrals for new sales
○ Execute impact assessments
- Generate leads and enhance the brand by representing the company at exhibitions and conferences, industry group events, etc.
- Collaborate creatively with internal and external solar financing partners to secure project-based financing that enables sales closure.
- Coordinate with technical, ops, and finance to ensure customer expectations and timelines are met
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- 3-8 experience years in techno-commercial B2B sales with track record of success against targets
- Verifiable experience leading long (3-9+ month), consultative sales engagements for high-value projects ($50,000 - >$1,000,000) through to closure and success
- Confident and capable of selling and negotiating with executive decision makers (CEO, Director, MD etc.) of large, high-worth businesses and organizations.
- Superb professional writing and quantitative skills: excellent at putting together polished and attractive written proposals and presentations in Google Docs and Slides, as well as conducting pricing, ROI, and other quantitative analysis in Google Sheets
- Excited about nearly constant travel within Kenya to meet prospects and clients, while working and maintaining structure to your work on an extremely autonomous basis