Senior Manager – Systems and Projects
Job Purpose Statement
The role is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more divisions,
manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to quality and control guidelines throughout the
This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and
on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project
The senior manager will work closely with and support project sponsors and stakeholders across the
group and manage the development and maintenance of the annual project plan, and updates, and will
provide senior management with project-related financial data and other key performance indicators.
• Gain and maintain a detailed understanding of the system design and architecture in order to
validate requirements and define functional behavior of the service.
• Driving the analysis and design activities of new products in the system, set direction and
quality check the deliverables of team members.
• Oversee the elicitation of requirements information from other divisions and product experts,
negotiate with stakeholders to understand real underlying requirements and priority.
• Analyze, validate and organise information into appropriate artefacts (business requirements
documents, workflows, business configuration documentation, team backlogs).
• Specify and implement functional behavior for the system, covering features, business process
definition, acceptance criteria report definition, business logic and use cases.
• Lead the systems teams to ensure business intent is understood and effectively carried into
• Conduct peer reviews of Business Analysis documentation ensuring review comments are clearly documented and articulated.
• Establish a network of contacts and build strong relations with all stakeholders including merchants, senior management assuring engagement and commitment by all parties.
• Manage the project portfolio, annual project budgeting process and regular reporting on project and portfolio performance.
• Proactively manage and communicate changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and develop contingency plans, as needed.
• Effectively communicate project expectations and status to team members, clients, and other
• Effectively apply project management methodology to minimize exposure and risks to projects,
while maximizing the return on firm investment.
• Promote greater transparency, predictability, and accountability for all projects across the firm,
creating and gaining buy-in for new approaches, where appropriate.
• Develop training and tools, and think strategically about ways to further the dissemination of portfolio management as a best practice.
• Evolve the work environment to instill an atmosphere that supports the growth of the company
• Provide daily coaching and direction for direct reports, as required
• Conduct annual performance appraisals and employee development plans as needed
• Identify career paths and create career succession planning for direct reports
• Identify and provide skills training as required
• Recruit top talent
• Recommend career promotions, transfers and annual compensation packages
Requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, IT with
supporting Project Management qualifications.
• 5+ years of experience in a professional services organization.
• PMP certification and/or MBA preferred.
• Broad experience with Project and Program Management approaches,
best practices, concepts, governance, processes and reporting.
• Project administration and management experience required.
• Experience with at least one Project Management software and other
related digital tools.
• Proven ability to develop business case logic to convey project
objectives, benefits, costs, and risks