Factory Manager -Packaging Solutions
Factory Manager -PACKAGING
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Our for a client, a group of companies with operations in East Africa is hiring a Factory Manager for their packaging solutions factory in Uganda. The ideal candidates should be Hands-on, practical and is willing to spend several hours at the factory to ensure uninterrupted production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day Factory operational management decisions.
- Review daily updates in factory/ Production meetings and offer necessary direction to the team on the issues related to production / quality / maintenance / follow up with procurement department.
- For proper planning and scheduling preventive, predictive, backdown maintenance of the plant and machinery. Ensuring to have all necessary and important spare parts in the stores, timely placement of the spares order to avoid major issues.
- For timely delivery of the finished product, coordinatiom with Marketing department and production facilities. Planning of the production with plant Manager.
- For world-class practice at factory operations and a high standard of housekeeping.
- Keep the workforce motivated.
- Ensuring the factory is appropriately organized and staffed.
- Ensuring effective internal controls and management information systems are in place at Factory and reviewing them periodically.
- Ensuring proper systems / standard operating procedures are in place at production and maintenance.
- Preparation and periodical review of annual R&M expense budgets and, adhering to them.
- Interacting with the marketing team and helping them in resolving the customer complaints if any.
- Improving Factory operational efficiency, cost reduction, bring in innovations.
- Setting targets for Factory section heads and helping them in achieving.
- Sending timely MIS reports to CEO/MD office.
- Responsible for ensuring compliances across all regulatory requirements, as laid down by the Government of Uganda, across various aspects of the Factory Act, environmental clearances, taxation, trademark regulations, labor laws, and other statutory standards. Expertise includes managing bank credit and related compliances.
- Ensures a safe working environment throughout the organization.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Graduate/postgraduate-level degree in any Engineering related field
- A minimum of 20 years practical operational experience in running a similar factory out of which 5 years should be as a Factory manager.
- Ability to manage the operations of an existing company incorporating ideas and ways to improve the functionality of the operation.
- Excellent communication and management skills, computer skills, presentable, attention to detail, hard-working with excellent organizational skills and follow-through.
- Good track record with contactable references.