Our client, in the automotive industry, is seeking to recruit a Service Technicians to be based in Nairobi.
- Ensure that all time spent on jobs and materials used are accurately recorded on job cards.
- Works carefully to avoid accidental damage to vehicles and components during work activities.
- Seek to minimize wastage of all materials, oils and fluids by careful use and encouraging careful use by others.
- Care for all plant and tools belonging to the business and avoid misuse of the same. Advise others on safe and proper use of equipment and correct interpretation of data.
- Completes repair orders within specified time frame and correctly to pass quality inspections and alerts appropriate personnel if delayed.
- Coordinates with Parts Department to ensure parts are available to complete repair.
- Reviews and evaluates service write-up to determine if additional information is necessary and what type of diagnosis is needed.
- Properly disposes of used parts and returns unused parts to the Parts Counterperson.
- Promotes dealership by presenting professional image, positive attitude, and clean work area.
- Road tests vehicles to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Performs preventive maintenance, cleaning, and repairs on dealership tools and equipment; ensures facility is clean and organized at all times.
- Performs factory warranty repairs according to established procedures.
- Follows all hazardous waste and safety regulations and company policies.
- Utilizes provided technical assistance (e.g., Technical Bulletins, Hotlines, other).
- Stays up to date on the latest technical services through training, bulletins, campaigns, etc.
- Acquires necessary training as required.
- Uses diagnostic procedure to identify the symptoms of the problem, the conditions under which they occur.
- Follows occupation health and safety rules and regulations
STYLE AND CULTURE FIT
The role holder must exhibit the below behaviours:
- Able to interact effectively with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, able to solve problems without asking – recognising when to ask if necessary.
- Flexible approach to work and people and adaptability to a changing workplace environment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Automotive Diploma/Degree
Two(2) to Five(5) years’ experience in the automotive industry